As most of us know, Middleboro gained town approval on the proposed Casino in late July. This doesn't necessarily mean there will be a new casino in New England in the near future. Other approvals need to be obtained including that of the Federal Government.
I am interested in opinions and knowing more about how the public views this major project.
This is what I know so far.
1. The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe is in the process of obtaining an option to buy the 204 acre parcel from the Gates family
2. The Mashpee Wapanoag Tribe already has 125 acres in hand
3. 200 contiguous acres near Route 44 are also in agreements
4. The total acreage will be 525 acres.
5. New Infrastructure will be necessary.
6. Trading Cove Associates is a financial investor to the Wampanoag Tribe
The media and reports are that real estate values will increase, new businesses will be formed-creating more jobs.
Please share your thoughts and news by commenting on this post. I am very interested in what your views are and what you have to say . Your thoughts are most welcome.
I look forward to hearing from you.